Sunday, January 4, 2015

Evanston, Wyoming

January 4, 2015

Evanston is the closest city over state lines from Salt Lake. Because of this, many people will travel there for non-local beer or buy fireworks that are illegal in Utah. Brad and I have both been there prior to any trips on our bikes. We performed with our band at the Youth Opportunities Unlimited Center in Evanston more than once, so we were both familiar with the area and felt like it was in our backyard, more or less.

In June of 2013 Brad and Aric rode to Evanston specifically to buy Fat Tire by New Belgian, a beer that was unavailable in Utah at that time. Brad said he loaded his backpack completely for the return trip, which his back thanked him for later.

A month later I made the trip on my Vulcan to Phantom Fireworks in Evanston. At that point, it was the longest ride I had been on and about 200 miles round trip. On the way there I pulled over off an exit and took this photo.


In July of 2014 I decided to make it a tradition and took the trip again. I wasn't very satisfied with the fireworks I picked up the year earlier so I set out to find the good stuff. After riding the 95 miles to Phantom Fireworks I purchased 2 packs of Roman Candles, with 7 candles per pack. I also purchased a roll of 1,000 firecrackers and a pack of 144 bottle rockets, both of which are still sitting in my pantry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment