Saturday, January 3, 2015

Brother's Baptism

January 4, 2015

Growing up in West Valley in the 80s and 90s, I remember a motorcycle sitting at the side of our driveway, collecting rust. Once upon a time, my dad had a couple different motorcycles. After getting married he was less inclined to ride and eventually gave it up. If I remember right, the rotting bike at the side of our driveway was slowly dissected, piece by piece, until it was completely thrown away.

Riding a motorcycle has always been discouraged by my parents, especially by my mom. They always stated the obvious--motorcycles are more vulnerable than cars. That didn't stop me from buying a bunch, and it didn't stop one of my brothers from buying his first bike in March of 2013. Andy, my second oldest brother, bought a bike identical to the ones Brad and I purchased together in 2012, except his is two years newer--a 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom 900.



A few months after Andy bought his bike, he and his family moved to Gilbert, Arizona. This is what prompted our trip in the Spring of 2013 when we saw Snow Canyon, the Harley-Davidson Cafe on the Las Vegas strip, the Hoover Dam, Route 66, and the Grand Canyon. This year we are making it an annual tradition and doing it again over spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment