Monday, January 12, 2015

Starting The Season Right! 1.2

March 22, 2014

It was good to catch up with my brother and his family. Despite the long second day, I stayed up after 2 AM talking with Andy and then fell asleep watching a Bill Burr special on Netflix.

By day three, it all caught up with me. I had four hours of sleep the first night before being on the road for thirteen hours, and here I was with about the same amount of sleep on night two. This time I couldn't shrug it off very well. We were all pretty drained actually, and we figured breakfast would be a good pick-me-up.


We spent the early afternoon washing our bikes, lounging around, and catching up on sleep. A little while later we went on a short ride with Andy around Gilbert. His wife, Kim, and their kids followed us in the car. We waved and made faces at the kids as we passed them on the road. Before long we were all getting hungry, so we rode to a ghost town for dinner.




Later that night we visited Tempe and spent hours walking the streets. Even though we all felt tired and sluggish from the previous day, we were satisfied that we saw everything Arizona had to offer in the short time we were there. Andy and Kim were awesome hosts and we look forward to seeing them again this Spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment